2.05.2009

Wanna Know What I Do At 2:30 In The Morning?

I watch gross videos on youtube. Like...seriously disturbing videos. If you have a weak stomach, you'd best stay clear of this post. Seriously, you have been warned.
It all started with me randomly wondering what a tick under the skin looked like since I've never actually seen one. So I youtubed it. One thing led to another, and all the sudden I'm watching teeny-tiny worms come out of a Malaysian man's face! (Click here if you feel up to watching. It's crazy!!) Then, I see all these videos on the side bar having to do with this thing called The Botfly. My inquisitive mind always tends to get the better of me when it come to creatures. It must be the biologist in me because these videos are just as fascinating as they are utterly disgusting to me.
This first one is a little more 'tame' as its from Planet Earth, a show which I highly recommend to anyone, nature/animal lover or no. It basically just shows a botfly and how it transfers it's larvae onto a cow and the larvae who are equipped with little hooks around their top end burrow into the cow and then pop out awhile later all grown up. It's not to hard to watch if you've seen basically any nature show. Take a look!

Now, this one.....this one I would say viewer discretion advised. This one features a group of people out camping who knows where and they are pulling botfly larvae out of a guys back. He was bitten by a mosquito who was carrying the larvae eggs. Besides there being some language, it's just plain disturbing. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23eimVLAQ2c&feature=related
You may be asking "Elise, why, oh why, are you sharing these awful videos that will probably make me throw up my lunch?" and I say to you this: man I am glad I have never and hopefully will never have this happen to me! If I ever see a botfly coming my way, I'm going to punch it in the face!

4 comments:

Angie said...

What the heck! I don't know what to do. I'm intrigued, but don't want to get sick. Should I watch? Should I pretend this post never happened...? This is going to tie up my brain for the rest of the day.

Elise Mckenna Peterson: said...

It is really intriguing! I would suggest watching the one I actually posted on my blog and see how you feel about it. It's gross but interesting. The other two or worse though, which is why I linked out. I can barely stand to watch them, haha!

melissa mae said...

Those were NASTY but sooo interesting and intriguing. I don't know whats wrong with me, but I think that kind of stuff is fascinating.

Melissa said...

Angie, pretend it never happened, really. It is pretty gross. Elise I can see the intrigue value but at 2:30 in the morning? You need some help I think :)