1.18.2009

I Love Old Lady Chic <3

First off, I just want to say what it pain it is to post picture on blogger!! It is so ridiculously difficult!!
Secondly, I made some stuff! And I actually finished it! I recently became tired of the way I've had my room decorated for the last four or five years. So I decided to revamp it a little bit. I still have a few things I'm going to be changing, but this is what I have done so far:


.:Bed:.

Before
The bed floral bedspread and yellow pillow I made. Neither of them go with my new color theme, but I love them. I'm going to have to find a new use!


After
Matching bed spread and pillow sham-$20 at Walmart
Brown sheets and pillowcase-$18 at Walmart
Bed skirt- $4 top sheet from Walmart and $1 lace from Deseret Industries


I am very proud of how the bed skirt came out since I didn't have a pattern or really any idea where I was going with it. It was fairly simple though. I just measured my mattress and the length from the floor. The hardest part was doing the math to figure out how much extra fabric I had to make the pleats.

I had bought the lace from the DI about two years ago. Good find indeed!



.:Cork Board:.

This is the second time I'll have revamped my cork board. It is one of the easiest things to change and makes a cute edition to any room! Here's the "before":


Work in Progress
The hardest part was taking the nails out of the frame. Then, I painted the frame green and put it in the garage to dry. I found a matching brown and used some more of the lace for the board. I just laid it out, pinned it how I wanted it, then sewed it on.

After
The green doesn't match exactly since I didn't have a huge selection of paint, but it's close enough :)


And this is what I looks like decorated! I discovered that it actually look kind of cute to use the bottom layer of lace and tuck my postcard collection in it :)

(everyone say "hello" to The Doctor on my laptop!)

So there you have it! I'm trying to be as cheap and frugal as possible since I am a poor college student. We'll see how it pans out. Check back for more updates :)

2 comments:

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

WAY cute, Squints. I am so jealous of your sewing skills. I can't wait for you to make us a bed skirt!

Unknown said...

oh this is quite lovely. way to got. you have great vision.